Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Cefiro #21: Hills run

My Cefiro #19: http://carscameraschronicillness.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-cefiro-19-painting-in-progress.html
My Cefiro #20: http://carscameraschronicillness.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-cefiro-20-respray-pickup.html


Although I was really not feeling too good, I still thought it would be worth going for a hills run to get some photos, while the Ceffy was freshly sprayed, clean and polished.

After heading up North-East Road from Cameron's workshop, I made it into the hills, and put my foot down as the road curved steeply upwards ahead. After enjoying some nice corners for a little while, I pulled up on a side road near Houghton to snap a few photos of the Cefiro. 

You'll see from the photos that the 'CEFIRO' tail-light centre garnish has been replaced with the more subtle 'Nissan' one. In combination with the de-badging on the boot, it was now fairly anonymous, unless you know what a Cefiro is. I'd talked to both the RAA and an auto electrician previously, and had to explain to both what kind of car it was and how to spell it, which I thought was kind of funny.

Photos taken with a Nikon D90 + Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens, and Nikon D300 + Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D lens.









After taking these pics, I headed off again down the road, enjoying the corners and sound of the exhaust and turbo. My stomach wasn't very happy, but at least a hills run was a good distraction from it. A few kilometres further along I rolled into the small town of Inglewood, a again turned down a picturesque side road. Burbling down the steep grade, there was a small bridge going over a creek. It looked like a nice spot for some more photos, so I pulled up in the middle of it, grabbed my D90 and 50mm lens, and wandered around to get some different angles.

This is the view from the side of the bridge, which was quite idyllic with the gently flowing stream surrounded by trees and lush greenery.








The blue Ford F-Series pickup in the background looked pretty cool, so I got back in the car and drove up to the top of the slope to get a better picture.






 From Inglewood I had a decent drive for quite a while, going up to Lobethal, before heading back to Adelaide on Gorge Road. It's one of my favourite bits of tarmac, with some really nice bends and epic scenery along the wall. After achieving a fuel economy level that would be bad for a V8, I stopped at one of the lookouts.









Continuing down Gorge Road towards Adelaide, I stopped in the same spot where I took photos on the very first Gorge Road run back in April 2010.








Just for a comparison, here are photos taken with my little Canon Powershot digital compact camera last year, and then this run.


 






So as you can see, there's definitely a substantial and much improved difference in the Ceffy's appearance between the two hills runs. 

I then went back up Gorge Road again, and then out to Norton Summit around sunset, where I took the final photos of the Cefiro for the day.





With the light falling at dusk, I got back into the car to head home. While I was still feeling rather sick and pretty tired and achy at this point, I'm glad I did go out on the day.

Coming up in Post #22; more random driving and hills runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment