Thursday 22 September 2011

My Cefiro #15: Daily driving















Following the appointment at Boostworx, I was feeling much more comfortable driving it, knowing that the mechanical side of things were ok. But with the black bonnet, I was still kind of edgy driving it around during the day, since it made the car stand out so much. Turbocharged Japanese imports get enough attention from the police without attracting them any further with mismatched panels.

So a couple of days later I started driving a bit more, albeit keeping an eye on the rear view mirror.


Coming home from my girlfriend Sally's house one night, I stopped off to fill up with petrol, and quickly took a few shots of the Cefiro under the lights.



As you can tell in these photos of the front, it needed another wash after being at Boostworx and then parked outside in the rain since.




After topping up the tank, I headed back home again.

A couple of days later, I went into the garage to take some close-up photos of the scratched and mismatched front left quarter panels and bumpers, in preparation for getting it resprayed. The front left corner was the worst off, with a scrape and gouge along the front and top of the wheel arch, as well as lots of scrapes on the front of the bumper.





The side bits of the rear bumper are a darker shade of cream compared to the rest of the body and rear bar.



I then headed over to Supercheap Auto to grab a few things I thought would be useful to keep in the car; jumper cables, a small socket set and some cable ties. I stowed them in the boot along with my HKS intercooler and 'Nissan' rear light garnish.



Later that afternoon toward sunset, I thought it would be good to get a few half-decent shots of the Ceffy with its newly modified front end, and not in a petrol station at night. Since it was still quite dirty, I grabbed the hose to give it a quick rinse, but due to the cold and brittle plastic on the tap, the spigot broke off as I was pulling the garden hose across the front yard, which put paid to that idea.

I threw a bucket of water over it and tried to take some of the grime off with a sponge, but lacking in energy and with cold fingers, I thought it would be better to just grab a few shots with a streaky bonnet than nothing. So I grabbed my Nikon D300 and Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens, and made the huge one minute trek over to the local Foodland carpark.



















As I was wanting, the new matte black front mount intercooler is very subtle, and you wouldn't really know it was there unless you were looking for it really.


Coming up in Post #16; bonnet swap and respray quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment