Tuesday 15 November 2011

Proposal, Part 3

Once she'd reached the end, we went back to her room. I had been sneaky with another part of the plans; getting Emily to make a blanket with 'Marry Me Sally' on it, which I knelt down on with the ring and asked Sally to marry me. She said yes!








After trying a couple of chocolates, Sally rang her dad to tell him the news.



I'd called him earlier in the week to ask for his blessing, which I was more nervous about than asking Sally, so it wasn't a complete surprise.

I sent text messages to half the people in my address book, with the following result during the next half an hour or so. 


After so much time spent preparing and planning, I was really happy that everything worked out really well on the night, and that Sally and I were officially starting on our journey through life together.

The next morning we both went to church for the first time in a while, so we could both see lots of people and announce our engagement.




After church we visited Sally's granny to tell her the good news, and showed her the coffee table book.





Then we stopped in at the Grange Charcoal Chicken shop to pick up some lunch, before heading over to the Jakas' house.













After taking a macro photo of the ring with my little Canon Powershot, Scarlett thought taking pictures looked like fun, and took off with the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment