Monday 14 November 2011

Our engagement party!

On Saturday afternoon my beautiful and amazing fiance Sally had our engagement party. We had a great time with lots of friends and family, and a couple of friends made this awesome cake. Purple butterflies and ribbon for Sally, and a larger-than-life D300 cake for me. The detail was incredible, I'll post more photos from the party soon. Here are a couple of photos, obviously not taken by me.




All the buttons, switches, dials and icons were perfectly replicated.


 A comparison next to the real thing.




It was quite painful cutting into the camera part, but the body was all cake, and it was made for eating.


 I knew she was going to be making a camera as part of the cake, but both Sally and I, along with all our guests, were completely blown away by the incredible level of detail and accuracy.

By the end of the day, it had been mostly dismantled and/or eaten, but not before heaps of photos were taken.




No comments:

Post a Comment