Sunday 9 October 2011

Abandoned wreck

A few years ago, while driving up near Port Wakefield, I came across this abandoned wreck in the middle of nowhere. I'm not completely certain, but I think it might be an EK Holden, or at least a Holden of that era.






It was situated a little way off from a small dirt track, that went through some of the open land in the area. Combined with the open country, grey skies and hill rising in the background, the expansive scenery made the car look particularly insignificant and lonely. 

When I see random abandoned cars like this in the country, I always wonder what happened to them, and why they are there. Was this car crashed and left on the side of the road? Did someone just dump the rusty old carcass there? I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment