Thursday, 1 September 2011

Just cruising.

After spending a couple of hours working on our cars...

...then watching Ella & Scarlett driving around in Scarlett's Lightning McQueen car...

...Daniel and I thought it would be a good time for a quick hills run to give our cars some exercise, and and also snap a few pics in a nicer location than a garage.

On the way up we stopped in at Japanese Import Spares, mostly to check out the rim selection. I took a few shots of our cars parked outside the Japanese Import Spares workshop, as well as a couple with the Work Stitches in front of my current Buddy Club P1s, to get an idea of how they might look on my Cefiro.

After a bit of a poke around and with daylight fading, we started to head up towards Tea Tree Gully and into the foothills. After a fairly busy day physically, my stomach wasn't all that pleased with me doing a fair bit more than usual, so I was feeling rather off for a while on the drive up.

Having syringed a couple of cups of water through my jejunostomy feeding tube before we left, the fluid had made its way south, and before we drove up into the hills, I stopped at a tavern for a few minutes. 

 With sunset fast approaching, I jumped back into the Ceffy, and let Daniel take off in front of me. His Pintara makes around 160kw at the wheels compared to my Cefiro's 139kw, so he does have the upper hand power wise. Although I'd already been on several hills runs at this point, both by myself and with my girlfriend Sally, being able to head out with a mate in another noisy turbocharged car was awesome.

So we wound around some of the twists and turns for quite some time, enjoying the power, the fresh air, and the sounds of spooling turbos and crackling exhausts against the trees and rocky hillsides. Driving in the hills was enough fun to take my mind off feeling sick; although this generally doesn't work if you're in the passenger seat. By the time we made it into the small town of Gumeracha, the sun had just set, which meant there wasn't much light left for photos.

So we both pulled into the carpark adjacent to the town's main oval, and I grabbed my Nikon D300 and Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, and started rattling off some shots while there was still enough available light left.

Without a tripod or enough time to use one anyway, I just pushed the ISO up on the camera, while opening up the 50mm to let as much dusk light in as possible. It was really quite cold by this point, fortunately I had a jacket in the back of my car to wear, but Daniel was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts, and didn't find standing outside in the chilly hills air particularly comfortable.

So here are some of the quick snaps I took of our cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment