Monday 12 December 2011

Sam & Erin's wedding #1

On Saturday afternoon I was privileged to attend the wedding ceremony of a couple of friends from church, Sam and Erin.

I actually shot Sam's EF Ford Falcon for Street Fords magazine early last year, just before I became too sick to work. Erin is actually driving his car in the opening spread photo, while Sam was in the driver's seat of my Civic, driving alongside on the Port Expressway while I grabbed some rolling shots of the car in motion.



I was feeling quite sick in the morning and was unsure whether I'd be well enough to go, but fortunately it improved a bit, and I'm very glad I was able to make it in the end. I pulled up about 15 minutes before the noon ceremony was due to start, already cars were lining the streets around the church, so I had to park quite far away. 

Inside the church, there was a sizeable crowd of people milling around, saying hello to friends and family before finding a seat. The seats and aisles were decorated with a white rose and lace theme, arranged by Bernice Tansell, who did a great job of sprucing up the church with the elegant floral arrangements.

I wasn't the official photographer by any means, so the majority of my photos were taken from my aisle seat in the middle of the rows. And for any photography tech-heads, I used a Nikon D300 digital SLR and 85mm f/1.4 lens, as well as a Nikon D90 with a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens for all the photos below.

Sam was up the front along with his four groomsmen, who were all looking very sharp in their matching grey pinstripe suits, chatting and greeting some of the guests as they filed in.





As 12 o'clock came and went, Sam was starting to look a little nervous as everyone waited for the girls to arrive, while getting some last-minute tips from the minister who was marrying them.



Sam's mum and dad (Peter and Vikki) were both kept busy saying hello to everybody. As usual Vikki was her vivacious smiley self, enthusiastically hugging everyone with a big smile on her face.


As the guests poured in, Sam was clearly happy and excited about the big day, but still looking somewhat tense as he stood waiting for his fiance to join him. 


Speaking of fiances, here is my amazing and beautiful fiance Sally, who I will be marrying in late April next year.


It was quite a warm day, so Sam had a few sips of water as the family and groomsmen talked and joked.




A short time later, the distinctive sound of rumbling V8s in the church car park caught everyone's attention....Erin and the bridesmaids had arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment