Friday 16 September 2011

Random Car Spotting: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

I spotted this 1969 Dodge Charger R/T one Sunday afternoon, while going for a drive down Tapleys Hill Road, heading south. As I neared Jetty Road at Glenelg, a hulking black muscle car waiting to turn right caught my eye. My girlfriend Sally was holding my D90 in the passenger seat, so I quickly made a request that she fire off a few shots of the car as we went past it. She kindly obliged, and fortunately we got stopped at the red light, so I was able to quickly rattle off a few shots before it pulled away.

Compared to all the other 'normal' cars around, this thing looked positively mean, particularly with the deep black paint, meaty tires and tough raked stance. Within a few second it had turned onto Jetty Road and rumbled out of sight, but I was very glad I could at least capture a few shots of such an awesome car. 

I do love a lot of American muscle cars from the 1950s and 1960s especially, and this Charger reminded me why; they don't make cars like this any more.




Photographers: Sally Parker and Rohan Phillips
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G

No comments:

Post a Comment