Tuesday 7 June 2011

Random Car Spotting: Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG

2010.




Photographer: Rohan Phillips
Camera: Canon Powershot A470
Exposure: 1/500 @ f/3.0, ISO 125

Pulled up next to this in the carpark outside my GP doctor's office in Stirling one cold afternoon, these photos were taken on September 13th, 2010. My mum was rather shocked when I told her the sticker price for a new one here in Australia; A$440,551.70. ($473,111.19 USD) I was a little taken aback as well when I checked on the Mercedes Benz Australia website, I was thinking they were low 300s pricewise. The luxury car tax here is pretty significant, in the case of the SL63, the tax alone is A$84,000, plus another A$16,728 for stamp duty.

This was only a couple of weeks before my horrendous 7 week hospital stay. I wasn't doing too well when I took these photos, I was still able to eat marginal amounts of food, but my weight had dropped several kilos in the month between this and the previous visit.

I thought it may have just been a bit of a setback, and maybe had just been trying to do too much, but I had no idea just how bad things were going to get very soon, and before another month had passed I would be getting force fed by a tube stuck down my throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment