Monday 6 June 2011

Random Car Spotting: HSV Senator

2011.

Photographer: Rohan Phillips
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED
Exposure: 1/60 @ f/2.8, ISO 1250

This was an amusing plate on its own, and I was planning to grab a shot of the car if we stopped at the red light ahead, heading home from a short walk on the jetty at Semaphore. Then I saw the police car alongside, and they both pulled up at the front of the intersection. My girlfriend Sally was in the passenger seat holding my D90, so I quickly grabbed the camera while sitting in the turning lane, firing off a few shots as I madly changed the exposure settings from what I'd used for taking sunset photos at the beach. I was able to get a few clear shots before their light went green. 

Couldn't have asked for better timing of a red light, and the very low-odds coincidence that a car with a plate like that would pull up next to a police car, complete with a clear view for me to take photos from the ideal spot. Any other position around the two cars wouldn't have been as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment